Chris Sutcliffe



Hi!
I chose this picture as it proves I have been in snow before! In fact those bright red ski pants are going up Kili with me! I am on top of " The Remarkables" mountains in New Zealand. But no rarefied air so guess there is a bit of training to do. (They did however have a pub that served excellent Jim Bean and cocoa cola).

My name is Chris Bean, as I am often affectionately (I hope) referred to because of the nature of my work - alias Sutcliffe. I am married to Sharon who is my partner in business and life! We have two wonderful kids, Tyler 18 yrs and Daniel 6 yrs.

I love to experience new things and like a challenge. Most of all I like the outdoors and hiking. And I do like to travel. So when Thomas suggested Kili I thought my body could do with a makeover and think it is a great idea.

We live in Fish Hoek. Sharon and I created and run an amazing bath toy manufacturing business. In fact we make the cutest bestest bath toys in the world! Our factory is in Kommetjie and so we are blessed to be able to live and work on the South Peninsula of Cape Town surrounded by the mountains and the sea. Check us out at www.thebeanpeople.co.za

Ian is Daniel's soccer coach and chairman of his pre school's governing body, upon which Sharon also serves. This is how we met. Thomas has taken me on a number of hiking trips all of which I have thoroughly enjoyed - except for the occasional farting of young scouts in a packed, closed overnight hiking trail bunkhouse! I feel the warm up hikes are part of the jorl and would like to involve my family in these as much as they are willing and able to.

How about raising some cash on the Kili trip - perhaps seeking sponsors for a successful summit? We could donate the proceeds to a worthy cause. Anybody got any thoughts or ideas on this? We certainly each are going to blow a considerable sum on the exercise and it would be good to lighten somebody's load in the process.

And well done to Sandra for getting this blog together - I think it is an excellent idea.