Adam Jack



Hi

From this photo you can tell I love the outdoors. I grew up on a farm just outside Montagu. My folks wanted a change from the bustle of the city to a more relaxed life in the country. With the mountain range on our doorstep we had plenty to keep ourselves occupied. I have 2 brothers Sam & Matthew, Sam is studying Environmental Science and Matt is in Standard 7 at Rondebosch. We returned to Cape Town in 1990. I’ve been living in Pinelands for the past 16 years. A very good friend from my school days invited me to a cub meeting and since then I’ve been involved with 3rd Pinelands Scout Group. I finished school in 1998 took a 3 month break and then joined a friend in the trade industry fitting kitchens. It wasn’t long before I applied for a course in Plumbing at Western Province Technical College and a year later opened a small business from home. Things didn’t happen as planned so I left for greener pastures.

“UK” YEAH POUNDS!!

I felt rich it lasted for 3 months until I realised that I was spending my rands, well we learn from our mistakes. Work wasn’t all that easy instead of making a fortune in Plumbing I decided to change careers and head out into the landscaping field. Well I can tell you many stories of the memorable times I spent working in St Tropez, a little paradise in the heart of Southern France. I met many interesting people in this field and took in heaps of knowledge. I met up with some old school friends on my return from the continent and headed for Wimbledon “mini SA” for 2 years. Our home was conveniently located, just around the corner was a pub etc... I joined a cricket club and through them landed a job in the Painting world, no not art… Painting council houses. Not gr8 pay but I’m one for saving. I experienced some of the most memorable times of my life met loads of interesting people and when I had to say good bye I made double sure there was enough in my bank account to return.

I was due to travel the world but my visa ran dry so I had to return to Sunny SA.

A year later lots of saving and I was back on a plane destined for my epic tour of Europe. Amsterdam to Rome by bike. No one was mad enough to join me so I went on my own. I cycled through 7 countries of which Switzerland and Northern Italy were my favourite. The Dolomites were incredible. A 3000km in just under a month and a half. If I had won the UK Lotto I would have cycled all the way home…

I look forward getting to know you all and hope that we have an enjoyable hike up Kilimanjaro!!

Adam