Ian Egan-Fowler



I spent 16 years in the Navy as an engineer and was the Project Engineer for the Combat Suite on the new Corvettes that are being commissioned in SA. My wife and I now own a publication called the Choice Magazine which is distributed to homes in the Western Cape and in Johannesburg. We have 3 children, a12 year old girl Tayla, an 8yr old boy Daniel and a 4yr old monster Campbell. We stay in Glencairn Heights near Simonstown (got to be able to spot me ships ya know!!!).


My motivation to challenge Kilimanjaro is quite simply a journey I wanted to do while I was studying and was never able to afford it. I like to embark on challenges such as this as I find I get caught up in the hum drum of normal life. I tend to stagnate and have no fresh new ideas, therefore lack the creativeness I like to inject into my business. Challenges fuel me with an appreciation of life and more specifically my life, as it is now. I look forward to getting to know everybody during the preperation for Killies.