Alvin Hirner


Here's a pic of me in the Alps lin Jan this year ( far right ) . My son Felix is in front of me ..

Life always presents moments when we're called to make choices ... I'm learning to trust my gut feel more and more ..
I've known Michael and Thomas since before we went to school ... our parents used to hang out together ...
Allthough we don't regularly see each other , every now and then we bump into each other ....
Like after your wet and cold Swellendam trip .... we walked into each other at the airport ... my friends flight had been delayed by over 2 hrs !!
So , we were clearly destined to meet ! He told me about Kili ... I told him that I also want to do it one day ... he said theres still place ... now I've joined
the team of Nutters ... ;-)
Why ? .... why not ... since I was very young ( actually I still am !!! ) I've wanted to climb big mountains ... and i thought that Kili would be a good start to see how i do at
altitude ...
So ... I'm 38 , divorced since 5 yrs , have a 10 yr old son , Felix , who spends half the time with me ...
I design and make jewellery from my studio in Cape Town ...
coach u - 11 soccer at Felix's school ... love outdoors , cycling .. used to rock climb quite a bit ...
Am always up for exploring something new ...
I'm very excited about the trip , and especially after meeting most of you at the Braai on friday night !!!